Replace Lost, Stolen or Damaged Documents

Whether you've simply misplaced or damaged an important document, had it stolen, or survived a hurricane, flood, tornado, or fire, here's how to replace your important papers.

Adoption papers

Birth or Death Certificate

Citizenship and Naturalization Documents

Driver's License

Income Tax Returns

Insurance Policies

Marriage or Divorce Papers

Medicare Card

Military Discharge Papers

Passport (U.S.)

Property Deeds

Social Security Card

U.S. Savings Bonds

Vehicle Registration or Title

Family Treasures. If your family treasures have water damage, the National Archives web page, Saving Family Treasures Guidelines, can help you save and, in many cases, restore valuable family treasures such as books, papers, and even photos.