Replace lost Medicare Card info for Today's Seniors

How to ...

Replace your Lost Medicare card

You can obtain a free replacement card from Social Security in one of the following ways:

Order Online by visiting the Medicare Card Replacement section of Social Security's Web site. You card will be mailed within 30 days to the address Social Security has on file for you.

To make an online request, you will need the following information:

– Your last (exact) payment amount, or the month and year you last received a payment if you have received benefits in the last 12 months.
– Your name as it appears on your most recent Social Security card
– Your Social Security Number
– Your Date of Birth
– Your phone number in case we need to contact you about your request
– Your e-mail address (optional)

You may also need:

– Your Place of Birth
– Your Mother's Maiden Name (to help identify you)

Their Online business hours are:

Monday – Friday: 5 am until 1 am
Saturday: 5 am until 11 pm
Sunday: 8 am until 10 pm
Holidays: 5 am until 11 pm*

Call Social Security toll-free at 1-800-772-1213

If you need proof that you have Medicare sooner than 30 days, you also can request a letter which you will receive in about 10 days.

If you need proof immediately for your doctor or for a prescription, visit your local Social Security office.

If you get benefits from the Railroad Retirement Board, call your local RRB office, or call 1-800-808-0772.

Make sure you have your Medicare number ready when you call. You should receive your new card in about four weeks.

Return To –> How to Replace Other Lost, Stolen or Damaged Documents